Breaking

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Gwyneth Paltrow Confirms She's Retiring From Marvel Movies: 'I'm a Bit Old to Be In a Suit'

Gwyneth Paltrow Confirms She's Retiring From Marvel Movies: 'I'm a Bit Old to Be In a Suit'

Gwyneth Paltrow is on the cover of Variety‘s latest issue.

Here’s what the actress had to share with the mag…

On originally turning down Shakespeare in Love: “The movie had many iterations. Julia Roberts was going to do it for a long time, and then that version fell apart. It ended up in Miramax, and I was the first person they offered it to…I was in the middle of a terrible breakup [with Brad Pitt] and the idea of going to England and being far from home just seemed…I didn’t even read it. I was just like, ‘I can’t read anything right now. I’m having a really hard time.’”

On her plans to retire from Marvel after Avengers: Endgame: “I mean, I’m a bit old to be in a suit and all that at this point. I feel very lucky that I did it, because I actually got talked into it. I was friends with [‘Iron Man’ director] Jon Favreau. It was such a wonderful experience making the first ‘Iron Man’ and then to watch how important it has become to the fans.”

On getting into screaming matches with Harvey Weinstein: “He was a very difficult boss. It was a fraught relationship. We would get in knock-down, drag-out fights. I remember once, my mother [Blythe Danner] walked in a room, and I was yelling at him about something. She was like, ‘Who was that on the phone?’” When Paltrow told her, she responded, “Oh, my goodness, good for you. Stand up for yourself.”

For more from Gwyneth, visit Variety.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment